THE WELL BEING OF THE FISH IS PARAMOUNT
If you require any help with any fish, for whatever reason, please contact Neil 24/7.
- Please unclip or cut the hook link before lifting the fish out of the water.
- Break down landing net and if possible place flotation sling under the net and fish before lifting out of the water.
- Please make sure all fins are folded flat against the fishes body to prevent damage.
- The carp cradle is designed to retain water to keep the fish wet and cool.
- Please remove watches and sharp objects before lifting the fish for weighing/photographing.
- Please try and keep the fish on its side in the cradle as much as possible, as being on its stomach can cause internal damage.
- Take photographs before weighing as this means the fish can be returned to the water quicker and with minimum handling.
- Never stand holding the fish for photographs, keep low over the cradle and always kneel down with the fish. If the fish wants to flap, roll it towards your body or replace it into the cradle and try again.
- Return the fish to the water in the weigh sling only. Please make sure the fish has fully recovered before releasing.
- Antiseptic MUST be used at all times. Propolis types recommended. The area needs to be dried before the use of any antiseptic treatment. If you do not have any it must be purchased from Neil or Lin before any fishing.
- Any sick or injured fish, please retain in flotation sling and contact Neil or Lin.
- Please handle catfish with care and ensure they are recovered before release.
- Landing catfish – where possible, chin the fish using slide mat provided. Strictly no catfish to be put on stringers unless supervised by Neil.
Thank you for your help and co-operation in the fish welfare.